Help us to help you!

Our aim is to offer you the best service possible, to do this we need to know: (1.) Joomla! version (2.) Server type (3.) Editor version (4.) JCK Manager version and (5.) any error messages you may have. For help in finding errors please - click here…We would also invite you to read our form rules before posting - read more…

Low Priority Support Questions

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: allvideo plugin issue
allvideo plugin issue 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

I purchased a new licence in order to update JCK Editor. When I try to use the AllVideo Plugin Button in editor (Browse Server) I get redirected to root folder VIDEO. The window then show this error top:

Notice: Undefined index: filter in /.../plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/jckexplorer/config.php on line 277

Getting youtube video inside article is no problem, but I would like my users to upload their own videos to user specific folder and access only folder that belongs to the user.
Birger Lehner
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: allvideo plugin issue 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 18
Hi Birger lehner.

By default the user folder browse only setting is not "ON" by default. There are two settings you need to enable so you need to enable this by setting 'The Use User Folder option to 'Yes' and then leaving the next option as default and lastly for Joomla 2.5 use the 'Allow these users to see all folders' option to select the users that is excempt from this such as 'Super Administrators'

If you watch the video "How to install the JCK Editor? - (Lession 1)" tutorial at www.joomlackeditor.com/tutorials/jck-video-webinar it will give you a step by step guide how to use the install wizard in the JCK Editor 5.0 beta to configure the Use User Folder settings easily. The time 2.17 is where you want to pay particlar attention to when setting up your user folders for the file browsers.

Kindest Regards.
Awills (Team Member)
Administrator
graphgraph

Always clear your browser cache(CTRL+SHFT+DEL for FF/IE and Chrome users)

Re: allvideo plugin issue 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
thank you...specific user folders are working. i have adjusted all the proper settings already. I was talking about the allvideo extension.

I want my users to be able to upload videos to my server within their specific user folders. Right now the upload crashes with 1 MB video file and it looks like Browsing the server with allvideo extension will redirect you to only 1 folder in root (VIDEO) and not to user specific folders.

By the way: In case video upload does work correct in future, it would be nice to see a progress bar while uploading.

Anyhow...I will check your video tutorial. Maybe I am still missing something.
Birger Lehner
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: allvideo plugin issue 2 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 32
Hi Birger.

Thank you for you reply.

1) Please note that the maxine upload size is really due to other factor. This could be server upload limit caps, browsers timing out due to connect, or the PHP execution time being succeeded,which is generally set to 30 seconds.

2) The magic required to make the 'All Vidoes Plugin' work with user specific folders will have to be done on JoomlaWorks side of things.

By all means you can pose the question to them however; in the meantime you could use the JCK Media Embed plugin and encourage your user to post video from other media portal like YouTube.

We will also consider you request and all with you permission will move this forum to the wish-list.

Kindest regards,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Gender: Male webxsolution.com Location: London Birthday: 12/09
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 16:07 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

If you use JCK Editor, please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Go to topPage: 1