Help us to help you!

Our aim is to offer you the best service possible, to do this we need to know: (1.) Joomla! version (2.) Server type (3.) Editor version (4.) JCK Manager version and (5.) any error messages you may have. For help in finding errors please - click here…We would also invite you to read our form rules before posting - read more…

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Forum is locked
JTree Link isn't working Forum is locked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is a list on known issues that will be addressed in the next official version release.
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: JTree Link isn't working
JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I use Joomla 1.6.3, MySQL 5.1.49-3, PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze1 with latest JCK editor clean installed.
After installation (with few articles) the JTree Link worked good, but now after filling the whole web it stops!
I tried to switch to MySQL (instead of MySQLi), I tried to disable almost all categories - without success. Acticles with double quote in the title I haven't (only some with the slash /, also in disabled categories).
The menu tree works good, but when I click on + symbol before the Content - it looks like it tries to Load something, but then the + disapears and nothing rolls out.
Is there a way how to solve this? Does somebody have same problem?
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/02/06 12:52 By Paul.F.
The topic has been locked.

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
Hi FelixJCK,

There is a know issue with JTree Link please see: www.joomlackeditor.com/forum/38-known-is...ertain-menutree#2754

Kindest regards,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Gender: Male webxsolution.com Location: London Birthday: 12/09

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

If you use JCK Editor, please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I haven't articles with double quote in the title (only with / and czech symbols). Even after unpublishing almost all categories it doesn't work.
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
YES - I think this is also likely to be a problem. This was our first release of the jTree link plugin and it doesn't yet have multi-languages support. We will work on this for the next release.

With your permission i will move this post the the Known issue folder.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

If you use JCK Editor, please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I've tried it on other web and there it works without problems. Also with the article titles with czech symbols.
The fault must be elswhere.
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
Hi FelixJCK,

The problem is that jTree link is a bit too fussy and although it support some special characters, others will cause it not to populate a certain category as you have described. The workaround is to remove 'special characters' for the article title and then the category will populate.

We will work on this for the next release and with your permission i will move this post the the Known issue folder.

If you think i have missed out something would you be so kind to reply with a screen-shot and with a step by step guide on how to reproduce it and i will looking it for you.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2011/06/29 12:35 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
On the other web I've tried to create category with all czech special characters and the / in the title and article with the same title. JTree Link works correct!
I don't know why it isn't working on the first web. There I've tried to Unpublish all categories and created new one Test (article in there) but all the same - no category/article tree. Menu tree is OK.
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
A.Try checking your file permissions?

Basically our editor (like Joomla) needs folders and files to be read / writable and at the entry file (this being the files which your web browsers need execute) may also be read / write and executable. Maybe this could be why it is working all your other sites and not on this particular one?

Joomla recommend 755 and 0644 for folders and files respectively with suPHP installed running on PHP & MySQL 5+ which gives developers like us a level playing field to work too. However, you may be using a different configuration and may need to use 777 for your files. Then again some configurations will not permit you to use 777 (which could be your problem)!

How to perform quick diagnostic test

You can check to see if this is happening by installing Firebug (which is a free 3rd party extensions for Firefox - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/ ). Once installed you can open up Firebug > Enabled the ‘Console’ Tab, visit the page where the error is occurring. If it reports:

Code:

files are not loaded... / 500 internal server error.../ file permission restrictions...etc

or something similar it is likely to be a server side file permission issue.

What should I do?

I would recommend contacting your hosting provider and ask them what the correct permission should be for your server? Some may make the change for you, if not then, you will have to use an FTP program and login to the location of your Joomla site and change permissions directly on the server. Alternatively, if you are a Business & Commercial subscriber we will be happy to make the change for you.

For more official documentation on Joomla’s hosting requirements, please see below:

* community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/51...users-listen-up.html
* docs.joomla.org/Security_and_Performance...ctory_permissions.3F
* docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist_2_-_H...erver_configurations

B. If this is not the case, can you tell me a bit more about your configuration?

(1.) Joomla! version,
(2.) Server type,
(4.) Also would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of problem?
(5.) At this point we will really need an error report?

To do this you could use Firebug (which is a extensions for Firefox - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/ ). Once installed would you: 1.) open up Firebug > 2.) Enabled the ‘Console’ Tab, 3.) visit the page where the error is occurring and 4.) paste the ‘error report’ when you received the error.

Kindest regards,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2011/06/30 10:25 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
In bugzilla I have nothing.
I've installed new version of plugin and now its partialy working. I've tested it and know the problem. When the czech symbol š or Š is in some title in specified category, then the JTree does not display the content of this category. (Other czech symbols ???žýáíéú???ó???ŽÝÁÍÉÚ???Ó without problems).
Have you some patch for this please?!
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/08/30 11:47 By FelixJCK.

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 32
Hi FelixJCK,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Was this tested when using 3.4.7 Beta 2?

If so, with your permission I will move this thread to the known issues folder for us to address in the stable release of 3.4.7 Beta 2.

Kindest regards,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2011/08/30 15:24 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

Re: JTree Link isn't working 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes. I've tested it with latest beta 3.4.7b2.
Felix Lauda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12